Sunday, August 13, 2017

Shakyra Dunn


Why are you THE Next Favorite Author?
~I am THE next favorite author because fantasy blends with reality all too well, and I am a prime example of why it needs to be known!

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I have always crafted stories in notebooks from a young age, but it wasn’t until I was fourteen years old, primed to becoming an obstetrician, and looking back on these simplistic tales that I had the idea to try writing again. I was more skilled at putting pen to paper thanks to my academics, what harm would it have done to write a story in my down time? I take a lot of inspiration for my works even now from the stories and characters presented in video games, so I decided to start there. The chance became an obsession before I realized it, and it didn’t take me long to become hooked on the craft all over again.
My goals changed—more like evolved into something greater than myself. I could save lives through creation, through the hearts of others deep inside of myself. My dream to become an author only grew the older that I got; it was always there. Nine years later, here I stand with two published books, a third on the way, and the craft ever changing before my eyes.

About the Author:
Shakyra Dunn can't stray away from the impression that there is always an adventure around every corner! When she isn’t playing the role of the Creator, she is marching through the worlds of her favorite video game characters or taking drives around her city to see the sights. Born in Chicago, Illinois, she currently resides in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, striving to experience more than the little town.

My books can be found here!
The One Left Behind: Magic: www.amazon.com/One-Left-Behind-Magic/dp/1533690448  
First Words: Final Lesson: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1548809373

And my social media links continue to grow!