Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Doug Oudin

Doug Oudin is a retired Harbormaster from Catalina Island, now living in Grants Pass, Oregon.
Why are you THE Next Favorite Author? Having lived on or near the ocean for more than half a century, Doug Oudin brings the sea to life in his writings.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
When the publisher of the Catalina Islander Newspaper asked me to write a weekly column for his publication, I was unsure of my aptitude for writing, but because of his persuasion, I somewhat reluctantly agreed. After writing more than 1,000 articles (byline Between Two Harbors), I realized that writing was a big part of my life, and I started writing my first book, my Catalina Memoir, ‘Between Two Harbors, Reflections of a Catalina Island Harbormaster’.
I then completed my first novel, ‘Five Weeks to Jamaica’, and am now working on my next project, which I hope to have ready for publication in mid-2017.

AUTHOR BIO


Doug Oudin is a retired harbormaster from Catalina Island, California. For twenty-one years, he wrote a weekly article for the local Catalina Islander Newspaper.

Married for thirty-eight years, with two sons, his life on and around the ocean has given him the essence of a true seaman. Having traveled extensively in Mexico, Central America, and parts of the Caribbean, his seafaring adventures enable him to describe, in vivid detail, the captivating lure of the tropics, the power and beauty of the sea, and the subtle, fragile, and inexplicable diversities of personal relationships.

His two books, ‘Between Two Harbors, Reflections of a Catalina Island Harbormaster’, (a memoir), and ‘Five Weeks to Jamaica’, (a novel), reflect his broad knowledge of the ocean realm.


Provide Links:
Where can we buy the books?
Amazon; http://.www.amazon.com/Doug-Oudin/e/B00J6ELD5C
www.barnesandnoble.com/w/five-weeks-to-jamaica-doug-oudin/1121687703

How can we follow you on Facebook? (No more than 2 links)
Twitter; https://mobile.twitter.com/DougOudin

What is your Twitter Handle?
Are you on GoodReads?
Goodreads; http://.www.goodreads.com/author/show/7251794.Doug

Your Website Address is:
Website; http://.www.dougoudin.com/our-story.html