Friday, March 10, 2017

Sonnet O'Dell



Why are you THE Next Favorite Author?
I like to think that I write enjoyable stories that people will enjoy reading more than once.
What do you enjoy most about writing?

My favourite part is the planning. Once I have the beginning of an idea, the next stage is to flesh it out with deciding on characters, events that happen, twists, turns and checking the facts. I love doing research, especially as I tend to use a lot of myths, legends and obscure creatures.

I enjoy using pieces of information I find in the story, either as a clue toward a characters real identity or as a puzzle for them to solve to uncover the truth behind the mystery. I take everything I come up with and work it out into the chapters I want to make the story line. I don’t always stick to it but it’s great to refer back to it every time I go off on a tangent and need to get back on track.

I also really like the last bit, when you are holding the finished book in your hands, seeing all that planning and hard work come to fruition. That your creation is ready to go out into the world and be enjoyed.

Author Blurb
Sonnet was born at the John Radcliffe in Oxford and spent many years living in different spots all over the UK.

Sonnet now live in Worcester, Worcestershire, home of Lea & Perrins and the site of the last battler of the Civil War. Sonnet enjoys nothing more than reading or writing a good book. She is fascinated with worlds created by words and has a passion for mythology that can be seen in some of her works.

She has a BA Hons Degree in Creative Writing & Writing for Performance and a writing companion in the form of a large black tom cat called Salem.

Where can we buy the books?

How can we follow you on Facebook?

What is your Twitter Handle?

Are you on GoodReads?

Your Website Address is:

Are there any other sites we should know about?