Friday, March 3, 2017

Brian Parker


Why are you THE Next Favorite Author?
Brian Parker writes #Scifi #Action and #Horror novels, find @BParker_Author books on Amazon www.amazon.com/Brian-Parker/e/B00DFD98YI

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always dabbled with writing, in fact I have multiple “books” that I’ve started and then stopped on my computer because I lost motivation.  Much like 95% of the population I’d always dreamed of writing a book.  Over the years, I would start a story and eventually stop with varying levels of success.  As time passed, I thought that my career as a US Army officer and role as a husband and father took up too of my time on a daily basis.  I rationalized with myself that I simply didn’t have the time to write seriously.

Then several years ago I happened upon the first book of the Day by Day Armageddon series written by J.L. Bourne.  It was a great read and when I finished the book I was floored by what I saw in the “About the Author” section.  J.L. was an Active Duty Naval officer.  I thought to myself that if he was able to write around his full-time military career, then why couldn’t I?

So I put my nose to the grindstone and made a commitment to myself to write.  I also told my friends and family that I was going to do it, which turned out to be a double-edged sword.  Most were supportive, some were derisive and others were simply unimpressed because they were also “writing a book.” I persevered, even with a one-year deployment to Iraq in the middle of writing my first book GNASH. Two-and-a-half years later, I published my first book and haven’t stopped since then.

Author Blurb
A veteran of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Brian Parker was born and raised as an Army brat. He’s currently an Active Duty Army soldier who enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, obstacle course racing, writing and watching Texas Longhorns football. He's an unashamed Star Wars fan, but prefers to disregard the entire Episode I and II debacle.

Brian is both a traditionally- and self-published author with an ever-growing collection of works across multiple genres, including sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, horror, paranormal thriller, military fiction, self-publishing how-to and even a children’s picture book—Zombie in the Basement, which he wrote to help children overcome the perceived stigma of being different than others.

He is also the founder of Muddy Boots Press, an independent publishing company that focuses on quality genre fiction over mass-produced books and he’s always on the lookout for talent.


How can we follow you on Facebook?
www.facebook.com/BrianParkerAuthor

What is your Twitter Handle?
www.twitter.com/BParker_Author

Are you on GoodReads?
I am, however, I’m woefully inactive on there.

Your Website Address is
www.BrianParkerAuthor.com

Are there any other sites we should know about?
www.MuddyBootsPress.com