Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Question of the Day


Let's talk about bad guys.

How do you develop your villain? In the old days of writing the bad guys were easy to spot. They were the ones with all the vices: drinking, gambling, hanging out with loose women, kicking the dog. all the fun things. And they usually wore a black hat (as opposed to the protagonist who always wore the white hat).

Now we find the need to create more accessible villains. They may have some redeemable quality and sometimes, even the good guy has less than redeemable vices.

How do you create believable antagonists?

1 comment:

  1. I think each antagonists has to fit their story. Some work well being the traditional kind, dressed in all black, while some are beautiful and alluring. I try to have my antagonist fullfill the role of opposite to my heroe, but sometimes they end up being more similar than I'd planned.

    ReplyDelete